At last, after weeks of rain today is sunny so time to do my cyanotype prints. I mixed up the chemicals and coated some paper. Unfortunately I didn’t have very thick paper, or rather I couldn’t find it so I used some 100gm weight. After the solution had dried in a darkened room I laid some of my daily pieces onto the paper and placed glass over the top. No sooner had I taken them outside the papers started to change colour.
I think the chemicals have deteriorated some what – but on reflection they must be 5 years old as I bought them for a project I undertook in my Foundation year.
And here is a warning! Wear rubber gloves before squeezing out cyanotype soaked fabric! I used the excess from painting the paper by soaking the liquid into a cloth, Deadly hands!
But the outcome is wonderful – I’m intrigued that the two sides are so different.
In the evening listened to a Gothic reading of a story – ‘Those who seek forgiveness’ Gothic window.